2013/09/30

35 years, 9 months, and an eternity of grace // 35 años, 9 meses, y una eternidad de gracia

(Más abajo en español)

Father,
I thank you for grace, for your favor that you delightfully lavish on me though I don't deserve any of it. I thank you for a beautiful world you've made and for my eyes, ears, hands, feet, taste buds and nose that you've given me to enjoy it all.
I thank you for grace of relationships, for family and friends. I thank you for Chris, because he also loves me, and because he loves you. I thank you for Alex because through her you've taught me so much about yourself and how much I need you. I thank you for Max, and that he's whole, happy, healthy, safe. Thank you for keeping him close beside you; thank you that I miss him, and I hurt everyday. My pain reminds me I'm not home, that there is a better world to come, and that I will only be truly whole, happy and in peace when I, too, am by your side.
Thank you for joy and peace in Christ. Thank you for the cross and empty tomb.
Thank you for grace.

PS: Thank you for the chocolate pomegranate tart in the making and for Meli who's lovingly creating it.





Padre,
Te doy gracias por la gracia, por tu favor que con deleite derrochas sobre mí aunque no me merezco nada. Te doy gracias por un mundo hermoso que hiciste y por mis ojos, oidos, manos, pies, papilas en la lengua y nariz que me diste para disfrutarlo todo.
Te doy gracias por la gracia de las relaciones, por familia y amigos. Te doy gracias por Chris, porque él también me ama y porque te ama a tí. Te doy gracicas por Alex porque a través de ella me has enseñado tanto sobre tí y me muestras cuanto te necesito. Te doy gracias por Maxi, porque está entero, feliz, sano, seguro. Gracias por tenerlo cerca tuyo; gracias que lo extraño y duelo todos los días. Mi dolor me recuerda que no estoy en casa, que hay un mundo mejor esperándome, y que solo estaré verdaderamente entera, feliz y en paz cuando yo, también, estaré a tu lado.
Gracias por gozo y paz en Cristo. Gracias por la cruz y tumba vacía.
Gracias por la gracia.

PD: gracias por la tarta de chocolate y granada que se viene y por Meli que lo está haciendo con tanto amor.

No comments: